[News] [Linux] Running Ubuntu Linux from Windows, Using Wubi

Take Ubuntu for a non-invasive test drive with Wubi

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows only: Wubi is a Windows-based Ubuntu Linux installer that
| lets you run the OS on your Windows XP box--no partitions,
| bootloaders or Live CDs required.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/software/featured-windows-download/take-ubuntu-for-a-non+invasive-test-drive-with-wubi-258936.php
http://tinyurl.com/294xxd

Also of interest:

Linux is not Windows Lite

,----[ Quote ]
| Unfortunately, as I've said elsewhere, linux is not Windows and
| efforts to make it so are doomed to fail. Nobody gets to be a
| leader by following, and neither OpenOffice nor Linux are going
| to beat Microsoft at being Microsoft while following where
| Microsoft leads - just as Microsoft is never going to beat
| Apple on technology by copying its interface and gadgets.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/?p=858

Related:

Windows based (Linux) installer - testers and developers wanted

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=338279