[News] [Linux] Google-Red Hat Tieup Rumours; Fedora Looks Ahead

Red Hat - not losing Dell but gaining a Google

,----[ Quote ]
| And now the good news, rumours are floating about of a deal between Red
| Hat and fluffy online search behemoth Google with various tie-ups being
| touted including Red Hat's latest operating system -- RHEL 5 -- or a
| version there of -- being used as the OS for a Google phone?
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10005260o-2000331759b,00.htm

Fedora 7 -- what, when, and why

,----[ Quote ]
| As stated earlier, the Fedora 7 release date is May 24th. This is one
| week before LinuxTag 2007 in Berlin, which we are using as the
| "European Launch" of Fedora 7.
`----

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2007-May/msg00002.html

Yesterday:

Red Hat, IBM form mainframe partnership

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM and Novell have long worked together on developing, selling and
| servicing Novell's SUSE version of the Linux operating system for use on
| IBM's System z computers.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/070508/redhat_ibm.html?.v=3

Related:

Unstrung: The GOOG is Hiring for Hardware G Phone Managers

,----[ Quote ]
| The gadget would be a BlackBerry-like device that would run Java
| -- and possibly Linux -- and support services such as voice over
| IP. These new openings are said to be for the next stage of
| that work.
`----

http://techstartups.blogspot.com/2007/04/unstrung-goog-is-hiring-for-hardware-g.html
http://tinyurl.com/ysabj7