[News] [Linux] Ease of Use in GNU/Linux: A Case Study

The Tale of the Accidental Upgrade - An experiment with Linux goes horribly
right.

,----[ Quote ]
| That may seem a silly statement, but I have taught people to use MS
| Windows over the years, and to a large degree it is not that it is
| easy to use, it is that people are trained in using it, with all
| of its various user interface interactions. KDE is just as easy,
| if not easier, even if it is different in some ways.
`----

http://talk.bmc.com/blogs/blog-carl/steve-carl/accidental-linux-upgrade

Related:

Mandriva One Not the Linux Dinosaur of Old

,----[ Overview ]
| I found early versions of Linux weren't very user-friendly, so this
| time around, I used my 7-year-old son as my test subject. I gave him a
| little lesson on how to use Mandriva One and off he went. On his own, he
| was able to boot up the machine and get himself online to his favorite
| kid Web sites without any problems at all -- meaning today's Linux has
| a short learning curve.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/53627.html

Sometimes I just want to be stupid