[News] [Linux] Xandros Releases New GNU/Linux Server; Short Review of Fedora 7

Xandros Releases Xandros Server Standard Edition 2, Offering Enterprise-Grade
Features to Windows-Centric SMBs

,----[ Quote ]
| The Xandros Server Standard Edition Version 2 is the first commercial
| product built on Debian 4 (Etch), and includes Xen virtualization
| with no licensing restrictions.

Fedora 7 test 4 review

,----[ Quote ]
| The bottom line is Fedora doesn't give a reason to install it over
| other distros. Almost all linuxes are becoming the same. But one
| good thing is that it is fast even on low memory though the desktop
| effects may not work. So if you are a fedora fan you can go for it,
| otherwise be happy with Ubuntu or Suse whatever you are using.
| Theres nothing new here.

Fedora: champions of community!

,----[ Quote ]
| Let's not forget, either, Fedora sticks to a fairly rigid policy
| regarding licenses: if it doesn't qualify as Free or Open Source
| then it doesn?t get included in the distribution.

Office Depot to Sell Xandros Software

,----[ Quote ]
| ...Office Depot, a leading global provider of office products and
| services, will deliver Xandros' line of business and consumer Linux
| desktop operating systems to the market.

Xandros Desktop Professional [Review]

,----[ Quote ]
| This is actually a good question, especially for an organization
| looking for a cost-effective solution to their software licenses.
| At USD $99, the package is actually good, not to mention that you
| have access to CrossOver Office which is a solid offering by
| itself. However, the Xandros Desktop license only allows unlimited
| installations to home computers plus one commercial-use computer. For
| home users looking for a simple desktop environment that is
| commercially supported, this is actually a good deal but businesses
| might look elsewhere or contact Xandros directly for other possible
| license arrangements. Surprisingly, even the free Open Circulation
| version of Xandros desktop allows business use only if you are a
| software developer.
| If not for its strict licensing terms, Xandros Desktop Professional
| is a good choice if you are looking for a stable system with an
| emphasis on Windows - Linux integration. The overall visual design
| of the desktop leaves a lot to be desired but can be easily
| remedied with a few tweaks.

Xandros Delivers Windows-Linux Interoperability with New Cross-Platform
Management Console

,----[ Quote ]
| The new cross-platform management tool enhances IT managers' freedom
| and flexibility by allowing them to manage a mixed environment of
| Linux and Unix enterprise servers from their existing Windows platform.

Xandros Linux Server to Bundle Scalix 11 Enterprise-Class Collaboration

,----[ Quote ]
| Xandros, Inc., the leading provider of intuitive end-to-end Linux
| solutions, and Scalix, the leading Linux email, calendaring
| and messaging company, today announced that the forthcomingXandros Server 2
| will ship with Scalix 11 pre-installed.

Xandros and O3Spaces Team up to Deliver OpenDocument Collaboration,
Management and Retention

,----[ Quote ]
| Xandros and O3Spaces have announced an agreement to provide OpenDocument
| and MS Office document collaboration, management and retention services
| for the forthcoming release of Xandros Server 2.0 - Standard Edition.

Jumping Bean to offer Xandros in SA

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Windows-lookalike Xandros has a new distributor in South
| Africa. Jumping Bean, a Randburg-based Linux and Java company, has signed
| an exclusive distributorship deal with Xandros.

System management suite bridges Linux, Unix, Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Xandros today introduced a new software suite for IT administrators
| that enables Windows-to-Linux server and desktop integration and
| management, and deployment of systems that mix Linux, Unix, and
| Windows platforms, according to the company.

Xandros Desktop - Professional Box Now Shipping

,----[ Quote ]
| Xandros Desktop - Professional is compatible with Windows servers,
| providing a secure, stable alternative to costly Windows desktop
| upgrades. Seamless integration into existing Windows-centric
| networks is provided through support of domain authentication,
| logon scripts, and group policy profiles. Enterprise-class
| features include seamless access to shared Windows folders and
| printers, the ability to write to Windows NTFS partitions,
| seamless Microsoft Exchange connectivity, support for
| third-generation HSDPA UMTS (3GSM) and mobile telecommunications,
| dual-core, SMP and hyper-threading support, and ready for mass
| deployment in enterprise settings via xDMS, Xandros Deployment
| and Management Server.

Xandros 4.1 Desktop Professional - Review

,----[ Quote ]
| As I've stated previously, Xandros is hard to beat for a new
| Linux user coming over from Windows.

Xandros Linux Server Now Available in Germany, Switzerland and Austria
Through Avanquest

,----[ Quote ]
| Xandros, the leading provider of easy-to-use Linux alternatives to
| Windows, today announced an extended partnership with Avanquest, a
| global developer and publisher of best-selling personal and
| professional software.

Linux Distributor Lindist Brings Xandros' Easy-to-Use Software To Nordic

,----[ Quote ]