[News] [Linux] Dell Comes Under Some Fire, Red Hat Faces Challenges

Dell-Novell-Microsoft three-way risks Linux fan ire

,----[ Quote ]
| Shortly after yesterday's announcement from Dell, a posting appeared
| on its IdeaStorm suggestion box web site, entitled "Don't imply
| Microsoft IP in Linux".
|
| "I would like Dell to make an official statement that they do not
| believe there is any Microsoft intellectual property in any of
| the distributions of Linux they offer," the poster, mhall119,
| wrote.
|
| It was receiving about 100 votes per hour during the day
| yesterday. Dell's Lord said he had not read the suggestion
| and declined to comment on it.
`----

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=27EDD745-7986-482A-AECC-4DC53CA776B3
http://tinyurl.com/yo7n8t

7 Challenges Red Hat Faces to Remain Open Source's Finest

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070508/34809_id.html?.v=2