[News] [Linux/OSS] Money is Being Made from Free Software, Despite Competition

Open source software spurs Roaring Penguin

,----[ Quote ]
| White says the secret to reaching that goal has been open source
| software. "We compete in a mature market against
| venture-capital-funded companies many times our size," White says.
| "We also compete against free solutions like MIMEDefang and
| SpamAssassin. Our secret is that at every point in our growth,
| open source tools have let us keep our costs down, so we never
| needed to go out and raise tens of millions of dollars in order
| to become players."
`----

http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/05/07/204207&from=rss

Open vs. Closed Source: There Really is No Competition

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=7869