[News] [OSS] The Reason FLOSS Has the Upper Hand in Development

PostrgeSQL creator on the art of open source

,----[ Quote ]
| "What happens to the code after that? Nothing. Nobody is going to
| buy any more copies of a database if you add another flag. For us
| everything is incremental. What happens is all of our users will see
| it [so] the features and the way things work are much more holistic.
| We have a much tighter cycle of how we interact with our users. Code
| quality is much more important to us because if the code is much
| more difficult to understand people are not going to work
| with it."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1472160102;fp;2;fpid;1

Finally, Sun preps open source Java release?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id%3b33875160%3bfp%3b2%3bfpid%3b1