[News] [Linux] Signs That Desktop Linux is Here to Prosper, Not Just to Stay

"Linux and Countervailing Power"

,----[ Quote ]
| Maybe I'm connecting dots that are not connected, but it seems to
| me that Linux is in the early stages of becoming the effective
| countervailing power to Microsoft's OS dominance. I've been using
| Ubuntu for a while and aside from reliance on some legacy Windows
| software, this increasingly popular desktop OS does the job nicely
| and is friendly enough for any user familiar with Windows. I have
| no doubt that a few more Ubuntu iterations will only increase its
| viability.
`----

http://www.overclockers.com/articles1440/

Dell's Linux Plans Shine Light On Free Potential

,----[ Quote ]
| With Linux traveling to its desktops and notebooks, Dell is treading new
| but exciting ground.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2126116,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

Desktop Linux For All?