Re: [Rival] Microsoft 'Record' Quarter Paid for by INVESTORS

  • Subject: Re: [Rival] Microsoft 'Record' Quarter Paid for by INVESTORS
  • From: Larry Qualig <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 4 May 2007 08:13:38 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On May 3, 7:41 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Microsoft's Record Quarter: Shareholders Paid for Most of the Upside Surprise
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Actually, there is room to complain. See, those earnings were great,
> | but they came at a cost. Shareholders paid for most of the upside
> | surprise, not customers. I'll describe why I think this in a minute.
> |
> | Before I describe the analysis, let me ask the following question:
> | if Microsoft's record earnings were so great, why isn't Microsoft's
> | stock moving? After all, the period we're talking about included
> | Microsoft's biggest launches in the last five years, Windows Vista
> | and Office 2007. These are supposed to be the engines of growth for
> | years to come. And if earnings are up, the stock should be too.
> | What is wrong with those Wall Street people?
> `----

Wow... I guess if a a blogger named Jon Kai posted this Blackfriars
blog then it must be true.

Blackfriar is a marketing company - The original article appears in
this blog entry:
   http://www.blackfriarsinc.com/blog/2007/05/microsoft-record-quarter-shareholders

Screw the Wall Street Journal and Barron's view on the quarterly
earnings. Jon Kai's view on the Blackfriar blog is surely correct -
LOL!

By my estimation if the best the morons can do to discredit the
quarterly earnings is what some blogger commented on a marketing
company website then the quarter must have been pretty good.