Re: [News] [Rival] So, This is Why Many Web Sites Like NBC, C|Net and BBC Are So Nice to Microsoft...

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
PC World Editor Resigns When Ordered Not to Criticize Advertisers

,----[ Quote ]
| Apparently he also told the staff that product reviews had to be
| nicer to vendors who advertise in the magazine. The sad thing is | that given the economics of publishing in this day and age, I
| doubt anything even comes of this even tho it essentially
| confirms that PC World reviews should be thought of as no
| more than press releases. I know that's how I will consider
| links from them in the future. But congratulations to anyone
| willing to stick to their guns on such matters.

Who even reads these magazines any more?

PC World is they type of thing I would devour in the early 1980s (twenty years ago!)

Now you can get better news from Roy Schestowitz on Usenet.