Re: [News] Microsoft Slammed for Attempts to Hijack the World Wide Web, Speaker Snubbed

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Audience abandons Microsoft's MIX 07 keynote
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | He said that when Microsoft and other companies create communities
> | around their technology, it's usually accidental, not created by
> | any ad placed strategically on a web page or in a game.
> |
> | "The Xbox community existed, but the Microsoft ads [in games and
> | on Xbox Live] then got moved around quite by accident, not by
> | design," Rasala said. "It's unclear that many companies can
> | replicate that pattern by design."
> |
> | After Bach's keynote, it was difficult to find attendees in
> | the hall that did not work for Microsoft. Nine out of 10
> | attendees approached for comment after his talk were from
> | the company.
> `----
>
> http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=9217

That is reasonable, communities of like minded or same hobby are all over
the web, I'm in two that are exclusive (we don't like people seeing our
words of wisdom, in case they tell us we are talking bollocks :) ).

I don't see any problem in MS having MSN and Xbox or any other community
they fancy. I saw one the other day, 'MS Online Club for people who are
upset because things aren't going to well' started by some one with the
handle steveb.