Re: [News] [Linux] Obscure Linux Distro Retired; New OpenBSD Release

__/ [ RonB ] on Thursday 03 May 2007 02:21 \__

> On Wed, 02 May 2007 13:07:28 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Progeny Linux Shuts Down
>>
>> http://www.osnews.com/story.php/17820/Progeny-Linux-Shuts-Down
>>
>> That's how it works. The strong survive, better solutions are pressured
>> to keep on innovating. Nothing is lost because it's GPLed.
>
> I remember seeing a boxed copy of Progeny at Fry's a few years ago. I
> think they were a "simplified" Debian distribution.

There is more on this here, in case you're interested.

Progeny Linux is no more

"Progeny Linux, which was founded by Debian creator Ian Murdock and former
Debian leader, Bruce Perens, and was funded by Perens's Linux Capital Group,
has called it a day"

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/05/progeny_linux_i.html

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | FreeBSD - sidling with a little devil
Tasks: 116 total,   1 running, 113 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie