Re: [News] Dell and Ubuntu Deal Confirmed, Looking Ahead

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Tuesday 01 May 2007 17:59 \__

> on 01/05/07 16:01 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>| Some of you may be thinking, "Why is this such a big deal?" Linspire
>>| has been successful in getting smaller OEMs (original equipment
>>| manufacturers) to offer Linux on the desktop for years. ..
>
> Wal-Mart did have a deal to sell Linspire but I believe they dropped it
> and instead did a joint MS/Novell deal.

http://www.novell.com/news/press/microsoft_and_novell_alliance_embraced_by_wal_mart

The exec from Microsoft used to be at Wal-Mart (or was it the other way
around?), so they used the deal as an opportunity to spread a lot of patent
FUD. I could tell you much more, but it was discovered and mentioned by
quite a few people at the time.

--
                ~~ Best regards

VISTA - Venereally-Infectious, Sexually-Transmitted Aliment
roy      pts/4                         Tue May  1 12:27    gone - no logout