[News] Asterisk to Release Its Own GNU/Linux Distribution, Ease Use/Installation

Digium preps Asterisk Linux distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| "We developed our own GUI [which is] similar to Trixbox [distribution],
| but the purpose of AsteriskNow is to provide a distribution built
| around Asterisk technology so people can use it without the GUI," he
| said. "The GUI is the same as the Asterisk Appliance that looks
| like a Linksys router that runs Asterisk and has analogue ports."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1047335524;fp;2;fpid;1

Related:

Slast (formerly Slasterisk) is a live cd project combining Slax and Asterisk
1.4

,----[ Quote ]
| Why another distro?
|
| This is a good question. We think that this has a place for 2
| reasons, education of Asterisk and custom Asterisk live-cd's.
| The config files have been moved and only the necessary ones
| remain. They have been rewritten to make getting Asterisk
| working, for the newcomer, the top priority.
`----

http://www.slast.org/

Digium(R) Experiences Growing Global Demand for Asterisk(R) Open Source
Telephony Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| Two Million Digium Users Make Asterisk One of the Most Successful Open
| Source Initiatives Ever
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070306/20070306005750.html?.v=1

Asterisk 1.4.1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Users who are interested in SLA functionality should update to
| this version and try it out; we welcome bug reports and test reports.
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/mar/05/asterisk_1_4_1_released

AsteriskNOW Final Beta Released

,----[ Quote ]