Re: [News] BBC Still Discriminates Against Many Tax-Paying Viewers Who Don't Use Windows

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 01 May 2007 11:16 \__

>> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 01 May 2007 03:44 \__

>>> As more and more disenchanted Vista users switch to Linux, the backlash
>>> will grow, and ultimately the Beeb will need to rethink their
>>> "priorities" ... especially as a publicly accountable organisation.
>>>
>>> The DRM proponents will also need to reconsider their positions.
>>>
>>> Ultimately I think DRM is an experiment that failed ... badly.
>>
>> I am not the only one to have spotted this. THe very busy forum Linux
>> Questions (LQ) has created (or will create) yet another petition. People
>> are angry at Bill's friend, Tony.
>>

> I should turn some anger to the clearly incompetent Ashley Highfield.
> He really should be taken to task for mis-spending licence-fee payers'
> money with Microsoft when he should be spending it on capabilities which
> are available to /all/ licence-fee payers, not just those foolish enough
> to run Microsoft Vista (which doesn't look like it will be very many).

Yes, this morning tagged one of the posts about this with "Ashley Highfield",
so maybe it'll draw attention to the culprit.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
Tasks: 102 total,   1 running,  99 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie