Re: [News] Microsoft Uses Silverlight to Shove .NET Into Other Platforms

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 01 May 2007 04:59 \__

>> Microsoft Gives Silverlight a Shine
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft is integrating the .Net framework into its new Silverlight
>> | browser technology for running multimedia applications on the Web,
>> | the company revealed Monday.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,131397/article.html
>
> I must have missed the memo explaining why I should use Silverlight
> instead of Flash?
>
>> .NET is a patents-encumbered technology.
>
> So's Flash.
>
> (U.S. Patent 6,879,327; Pending in the U.S. and other countries.)
>
> I still don't see why I should use Silverlight.
>
> Microsoft are the masters of re-invention, aren't they?

Dana Blakenhorn has just been trolling for an audience, saying that Microsoft
is going open source (and whurley argued that Microosft loves open source).
They try to distinguish between open source and Linux as threats. Put
Free/Libre aside for the moment and recall what Microsoft seniors openly
said about "open source". This can truly make you sick.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    chmod a-r *.mbox
roy      pts/4                         Tue May  1 02:19 - 02:19  (00:00)