[News] Gates Might Become Patent Troll, Might Harm US Economy

Like father, like son (Microsoft's patent progeny)

,----[ Quote ]
| Apparently, as my friend suggested, the apple doesn't fall far from
| the tree. Maybe Gates, when he finally leaves, can set up a
| patent troll system of his own.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/05/like_father_lik.html

Red Hat, users react to Microsoft patent claim

,----[ Quote ]
| Zemlin was more blunt, calling Microsoft's "posturing" as "empty threats
| from a scared giant whose monopoly is being challenged."
|
| [...]
|
| However, Merriam said that while larger companies are less likely
| to worry about Microsoft's threats, some startups might be afraid
| that the company could sink their businesses by suing for patents,
| and may consider moving offshore to escape possible litigation.
`----

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/CDN/News.asp?id=43512

Why the Economics of Open Source Software is so Important

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://stephesblog.blogs.com/my_weblog/2007/05/why_the_economi.html