[News] [Linux] Chris Pirillo Frustrated with Windows, Advised to Try Linux

An Alternative To Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Chris, I fully sympathize with your frustration with Windows. I have
| felt this way about Microsoft since the mid-nineties. I heartily
| suggest you go to linspire.com and test Linspire and its CNR...
`----

http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/windows/2007/05/18/an-alternative-to-windows/

With Microsoft MVPs like these, who needs enemies?

Related:

An Open Letter To Jim Allchin (from Chris Pirillo)

,----[ Quote ]
| Jim,
|
| Congratulations! Seriously. I'm glad that you finally got Windows
| Vista out the door, but I'm equally as thrilled to know that you're
| working on releasing SP1 by the end of this year.
`----

http://blendout.blogspot.com/2007/03/open-letter-to-jim-allchin-from-chris.html

Vista Will Double Apple's Market Share

,----[ Quote ]
| Remember how you felt when you saw "The Phantom Menace" for the first time?
| I was overwhelmingly disappointed. That's exactly how Windows Vista RC1
| makes  me feel, and that's not very likely to change between now and when
| the OS goes gold. Before now, there wasn't a viable "Google" or "Firefox"
| for the Windows platform. Between Apple's Boot Camp and Parallels, you're
| going to have to make a strong argument to keep people from finally
| making the switch. And you wanna know the worst part of this
| entire situation?
|
| Microsoft, in each and every instance, has been its own worst enemy.
`----

http://www.computerpoweruser.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/archive/c0611/44c11/44c11.asp&guid=8CF5E5CB35CB42E1857F6F42970E2A2C
http://tinyurl.com/ya7x59

Vista's UI is Better Than This!?

,----[ Quote ]
| Watch and drool. By the way, you can try this on your own PC right now!
| I'm not yet sure how to unlock every one of these visual effects, but
| damn - XGL is impressive...
`----

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/09/06/vistas-ui-is-better-than-this/

Vista backlash grows; key advocate moves back to XP

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://gracefulflavor.net/2007/03/06/vista-backlash-grows-key-advocate-moves-back-to-xp/
http://tinyurl.com/2ldrbe