[News] [Linux] MIT Brings Linux to Uruguay, IBM Brings Open Source to Western Michigan University

Uruguay Children Try Low-Cost Laptops

| Some children began warming to the computers by playing "Tetris," a
| popular falling-blocks puzzle video game. Later they will explore
| the Linux operating system.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070518/hundred_dollar_laptop.html?.v=2

Western Michigan University Teams With IBM to Help Students Build Business
and Technology Skills for the 21st Century

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM is working with partner schools that support open computing standards
| and seek to use open source and IBM technologies for teaching purposes,
| both directly and via the Internet.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/070518/0254712.html

More from Uruguay:

Villa Cardal, Uruguay: Center of worldwide attention

,----[ Quote ]
| The experience was incredible, there are many details to comment
| that I promise to continue blogging in the next days. At the moment
| you can see the gallery of photos that I took in the place.
`----

http://olpc-ceibal.blogspot.com/2007/05/villa-cardal-uruguay-world-center-of.html

Related (more photos):

Kids In Jiri Love XO [One Laptop per Child]!

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, the day was a huge success and another significant step
| in raising awareness of XO and just how valuable it can and will
| be to the children of Nepal!
`----

http://olpcnepal.blogspot.com/2007/04/kids-in-jiri-love-xo.html

The XO in the Real World

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of the children were able to make it to the congress, walking
| around the showroom with their XO?s and showing attendees what they
| liked best about the laptop.
`----

http://www.j5live.com/?p=357

Nigerian students power up their laptops

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.com.com/2300-1041_3-6175025-1.html?part=rss&tag=6175025&subj=news