[News] [Linux] MIT Brings Linux to Uruguay, IBM Brings Open Source to Western Michigan University

Uruguay Children Try Low-Cost Laptops

| Some children began warming to the computers by playing "Tetris," a
| popular falling-blocks puzzle video game. Later they will explore
| the Linux operating system.

Western Michigan University Teams With IBM to Help Students Build Business
and Technology Skills for the 21st Century

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM is working with partner schools that support open computing standards
| and seek to use open source and IBM technologies for teaching purposes,
| both directly and via the Internet.

More from Uruguay:

Villa Cardal, Uruguay: Center of worldwide attention

,----[ Quote ]
| The experience was incredible, there are many details to comment
| that I promise to continue blogging in the next days. At the moment
| you can see the gallery of photos that I took in the place.

Related (more photos):

Kids In Jiri Love XO [One Laptop per Child]!

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, the day was a huge success and another significant step
| in raising awareness of XO and just how valuable it can and will
| be to the children of Nepal!

The XO in the Real World

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of the children were able to make it to the congress, walking
| around the showroom with their XO?s and showing attendees what they
| liked best about the laptop.

Nigerian students power up their laptops

,----[ Quote ]