[News] [Linux] Quiet Migrations to Linux Revealed in the Press

March of the penguin: Linux wins battles, but Windows owns the war

,----[ Quote ]
| "We're using the cheapest Dell desktops we can buy," says Richard Giroux,
| IT manager at Vancouver law firm Whitelaw Twining Law Corp. Last year, the
| firm switched the PCs of its 15 secretaries from Windows to Linux. This
| spring, 30 lawyers and directors also made the move to Linux. Hardware
| costs are about $300 lower for each machine, even though the price of the
| PCs included Windows, Mr. Giroux says.
`----

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20070517.SRTECHLINUX17/TPStory/Business

What's an Ubuntu and Should I Get One Now that I'm Retired?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/236277/whats_an_ubuntu_and_should_i_get_one.html