[News] [Rival] Vista Interest Apparently Declines, Microsoft Might Shell Out Half a Billion of 'Catchup Money'

A Tale of Two OSes: Vista vs. Mac OS X

,----[ Quote ]
| While book sales are far from comprehensive as a technology trend
| indicator, they can provide insight into consumer enthusiasm for
| new products. We've been eagerly awaiting enough data on sales of
| Microsoft Vista books to see what they tell us about the market's
| enthusiasm for the product. The graph below shows the Bookscan data
| on sales of books on Vista vs. Windows XP. As you can see, XP books
| continue to sell strongly despite the fact that Vista now is the
| dominant Windows OS.
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/05/a_tale_of_two_o.html

WPP to buy 24/7 Real Media for $649 million

,----[ Quotee ]
| U.K. advertising giant wins company reportedly eyed by Microsoft
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/wpp-buy-247-real-media/story.aspx?guid=%7B0271277B%2D221B%2D439C%2DAC70%2DDB2047637256%7D&siteid=yhoof
http://tinyurl.com/2s7vrt

Related:

Vista Upgrade + Corporate Fleets = Costly Waste of Time

,----[ Quote ]
| Beyond the overall UI that was deemed to require
| re-training for non-technical/novice users, there
| were absolutely no compelling features from an administration
| /operations /management perspective to justify upgrading nor
| are there any compelling reasons to upgrade from a user/usability
| perspective with existing fleets.
|
| [...]
|
| Windows Vista - Wow! Nobody needs this...
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/eai/implementation/archives/vista-upgrade-corporate-fleets-costly-waste-of-time-14324

Microsoft Continues Long March Down...

,----[ Quote ]