Re: [News] Microsoft Only Tries to Create Scare, But Fails Miserably

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 17 May 2007 19:02 \__

> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>
>> We're getting fairly close to the latter, though I'm mildly
>> surprised Microsoft has any shred of credibility left.
>> Still, they're not quite dead yet, and Vista is actually
>> selling rather well, according to them.  (We'll know how
>> well maybe in late July, perhaps.)
>
> HP reported a 7 percent upswing in PCs, and all of those will have Vista
> on them...the Microsoft Bear may be satiated for now.

Vista does not stay on many of these machines. In fact, Vista frustrations
will urge people to set up a second partition and try that "Ubuntu thing".
I'm seeing this as it unravels in blogs...

A worse scenario would be a case where PCs are sold with XP. People would
have fewer reasons to get upset and consider defecting to Linux. To them,
Vista is the last straw. 5-6 years of development, a hefty price tag (they
don't get some vital features on a new PC) and many embarrassing bugs say a
lot and lead to action.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."
         run-level 5  Apr 28 15:45                   last=S