[News] [Linux] The Evolution of Linux Patents FUD, Microsoft Compared to Saddam, Eliminates Its Own FUD

The Microsoft Linux patent FUDwatch - updated

,----[ Quote ]
| It was difficult to know where to start given the events of the
| last week, but here is the latest update to the Microsoft Linux
| patent FUDwatch.
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/05/the_microsoft_l.html

Through the Patent Looking Glass with Microsoft's Brad Smith

,----[ Quote ]
| But I think that in this case, Microsoft may be making a miss step.
| By focusing so much attention on this issue, it causes more articles
| -- like this one -- to be written to dispel the FUD. And it spawns
| more patent-focused efforts like those noted above to support open
| source software development and use. The result is that instead of
| cowing the little people, it helps pull back the curtain.
|
| And then you find that all-powerful Oz (and his patent portfolio)
| doesn't look so all powerful, after all.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20070516070856610

Microsoft: shades of Saddam Hussein

,----[ Quote ]
| When they write the history of the computer history 10 years from now, the
| date May 14, 2007 will be marked in red: it's the day when everyone knew
| that Microsoft was starting to go down the tube.
`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12225&Itemid=1091

Related (yesterday):

Microsoft, the art of Corporate Terrorism.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://sweetcomputing.com/index.php?wiki=Microsoft_Terrorism