Re: [News] [Linux] Dell Buys Linux from Microsoft Corp.

__/ [ Tony Smith ] on Wednesday 16 May 2007 07:46 \__

> On Tue, 15 May 2007 19:02:23 -0700, John Bailo wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Does Dell Know Something?
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>
>> Yeah, Novell is torpedoing the U-Crap-U deal and interjecting a real
>> Linux onto Dell hardware.
> I've been reading a lot about the building hatred of Ubuntu. Why does
> you/they/everyone seem to have this opinion now? Surely Ubuntu has only
> done good for Linux in general? Is it human nature to hate a success story?
>
> Tony(UK)

I wholeheatedly agree. Some people hate Ubuntu Linux with passion and it
helps nobody. Ubuntu helps Linux as a whole. Admittedly, I do not recommend
SUSE because Novell only harms Linux as a whole. We had a reminder as to why
just a couple of days ago.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Yes, I know, but does it run Linux?"
roy      pts/4                         Wed May 16 02:48 - 02:49  (00:01)