Re: [News] [Linux] More Boycotts Against Microsoft and Its Axis

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 16 May 2007 01:57 \__

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/05/why_open_source.html

> I caught your comment and link to the InformationWeek article:
>
> "Microsoft currently collects royalties from some companies that use
> Linux in their computing environments, Gutierrez said. However, he
> declined to indicate the number, the dollar amount Microsoft receives
> from those payments, or identify any of the companies by name."
>
> http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=199501831
>
> Absolutely outrageous!!!
>
> Who are these saps who pay Microsoft for the "privilege" of using Linux?

That's what I would like to know. We heard this months ago (Shane and I), but
this time Microsoft admits that. It's like the mafia coming to empty the
register of the local mom-and-pop store, or else...

Silence ensues, due to fear of retaliation. It's official. Microsoft is more
of a bully than its proxies, including the BSA. I hope some market
regulators are watching because this is clearly against the law.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Apache: commercial software's days are numbered
Cpu(s):  23.7% user,   3.8% system,   0.7% nice,  71.9% idle