[News] [OSS] US Air Force and I-Open Adopt and Praise the Open Source Approach

Air Force wants to reuse software components

,----[ Quote ]
| The strategy, said Charles Riechers, the Air Force's principal
| deputy assistant secretary for acquisition, is to "encourage the
| use of open standards, open data interfaces and best-of-breed open
| source software solutions."
`----

http://www.gcn.com/online/vol1_no1/44278-1.html

I-Open Selects Near-Time Web Platform to Accelerate Economic Development
Communities Across the U.S.

,----[ Quote ]
| The new models of economic development that I-Open is developing
| and deploying initially are in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana and are
| based on Morrison?s concept of open source economic development in
| which the same principles of open networks and open source
| software development are applied to economic development. Morrison
| has been developing this framework over the past seven years,
| founded on the belief that prosperity in communities is built
| through open networks of collaboration.
`----

http://carolinanewswire.com/news/News.cgi?database=1news.db&command=viewone&id=4484&op=t
http://tinyurl.com/2hhcqz

Related:

FAA May Ditch Microsoft's Windows Vista And Office For Google And Linux Combo

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=197800480