Re: Microsoft cuts Windows virtualization features

__/ [ chrisv ] on Monday 14 May 2007 14:53 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>Oh mama!
>>
>>"It's not going to have the 64-processor support that pushed its release
>>from the first half to the second or the ability to add processors, memory,
>>disks and networking on-the-fly or live migration."
>>
>>http://dotnet.sys-con.com/read/374815.htm
>>
>>Not even 64-bit support. For a server!!!
>
> That is more than pathetic.
>
>>How bad can the code be?
>
> You need to ask?   8)

I saw a headline today. Something along the lines of "next year, Microsoft
will deliver yesterday's server". They have always been behind, but to some
people, innovation does not happen until Microsoft brings it to the mass
market (maybe in 2010).

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: mint and self-contained 'out of the box'