Re: [News] [Linux] $100 Linux Laptops Come to Uruguay (with Photos)

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Sunday 13 May 2007 10:26 \__

> John Bailo wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Villa Cardal, Uruguay: Center of worldwide attention
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>
>> Children playing and getting a great laptop experience.
>>
>> Surely, Microsoft must squelch the happiness.
>>

> Bill Gates is lurking in their schoolyard, ready to "hook them up with
> some Vista".

People are no longer that naive, so it won't work this time around.

Governments Must Reject Gates' $3 Bid to Addict Next Billion PC Users

,----[ Quote ]
| "Microsoft's strategy of getting developing nations hooked on its
| software was clearly outlined by Bill Gates almost a decade ago," said
| Con Zymaris, CEO of long-standing open source firm Cybersource.
|
| Specifically, Bill Gates, citing China as an example, said:
|
|   "Although about 3 million computers get sold every year in China, but
|   people don't pay for the software," he said. "Someday they will, though.
|   As long as they are going to steal it, we want them to steal ours.
|   They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to
|   collect sometime in the next decade."[1]
`----

http://www.cybersource.com.au/press/gates_set_to_addict_next_billion.html

Windows Vista at $1

,----[ Quote ]
| So How is piracy so open in China? Is china having an AntiPiracy
| law? Read out this article from San Francisco Chronicle on China's
| take on Piracy.
`----

http://blog.techiezone.in/2007/05/10/windows-vista-at-1/

The real cost of $3 Windows

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=business6_april24_2007

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Tasks: 132 total,   1 running, 129 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie