[News] [Rival] Microsoft Keeps Quiet, Secrecy About Intelligence

Steve Ballmer may have said something interesting; we couldn't possibly
comment...

,----[ Quote ]
| A non-report from the third and final day of Microsoft's BI
| conference
|
| [...]
|
| Then you start to muse on the meaning of secret. Would you share a secret
| with 2,590 strangers? Indeed, if you share a secret with 2,590 strangers,
| is it still a secret? What is the sound of one hand sharing a secret in a
| wood?
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/05/12/microsoft_bi_three/

Microsoft Outlines BI Strategy, Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| "We have a very strong interoperability in terms of taking reporting
| services and exporting that to Word, or to Excel, but [SoftArtisans]
| gives you the capability to start in Word or start in Excel to
| access information, and author reports from there," said Chris
| Caren, general manager of Office Business Applications at Microsoft.

"Interoperability"? How about saying "cross platform" again if something also
runs on XBox?

Related:

Talks with the RIAA....

Cyberthreat experts to meet at secretive conference

,----[ Quote ]
| Botnets are networks of hijacked computers, popularly called
| zombies. Cybcercrooks use these networks to relay spam, bring
| down Web sites, distribute spyware and perform other nefarious
| acts. Microsoft has fingered zombies as a top threat to
| Windows PCs.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6151860.html

Music industry meeting could change the Zune

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.chron.com/techblog/archives/2007/01/music_industry_meeting_could_change_the_zune.html
http://tinyurl.com/y7z5wl