Re: [News] [Rival] Possible DRM Lawsuit over Apple, Windows Vista, Flash, and Real Player

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Sunday 13 May 2007 00:09 \__

http://news.yahoo.com/s/macworld/20070510/tc_macworld/mrt20070510;_ylt=Aj3meANgbq7C29hLuW6ccZojtBAF

> This has to be the weirdest legal challenge ever devised.
>
> Essentially, what MRT are saying, is that they produce anti-ripping
> software (for media streams), and the fact that nobody has bought their
> product is an indictment of "circumvention".
>
> What exactly makes MRT think that anyone is obliged to buy *anything*
> from them.
>
> How bloody arrogant.
>
> I don't know whether to laugh of frown!
>
> Bizarre indeed.
>
> Hey MRT, I maintain packages for Fedora, but because you don't use them
> then you are obviously circumventing my work, therefore I shall sue.
>
> ???
>
> Are these guys serious?
>
> Only in America.

Maybe they should sue (or cut off) people's ears and eyes when they realise
that copying of content cannot be stopped.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
         run-level 5  Apr 28 15:45                   last=S