Re: [News] [Linux] AMD Might Open-Source Its ATI Linux Drivers

> AMD will deliver open graphics drivers
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The open sourcing of graphics drivers will indeed be good news, but
>| it's not a big surprise.
> `----
>
> http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/05/09/amd-will-deliver-open-graphics-drivers/
>
> Those who play nice with Linux win.

And will continue to win...  Just as soon as there's a reasonable OpenGL
open source card & driver out there, it'll be in my next PC and all
those thereafter.  I'm already sick of the little irritations in having
to sync nVidia drivers with kernels - it feels too much like a Microsoft
experience to be really fun.