Re: [News] [Linux] The Inevitability of Desktop Linux

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Linux] The Inevitability of Desktop Linux
  • From: John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 10:52:18 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Linux is Poised to Take Over the World
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | One of the biggest complaints I hear from computer users is how
> | quickly their computers are made obsolete, either by the introduction
> | of new software,

Are all pundits still stuck in the 1980s?

I mean these people go on and on and on about compatibility of desktop
software as if we were still buying packages of "word processors" wrapped
in shrink wrap from Egghead.

Seriously, 99.99999999999999999999 of software is /web/ /based/  -- the only
compatibilities are tcp/ip and http and javascript.

For the 0.1 percent of people who play games on their desktop computer, we
can find games that run in linux, quite frankly, I am more than satisfied
playing Unreal Tournament, even though Battlefield 2042 is pretty cool
(although it seems to use almost the same engine and logic of fighting as
Unreal !).

--
http://you-read-it-here-first.com
Get a 3% t-shirt: