Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Drivers Problems Remain, High Cost Too

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Drivers Problems Remain, High Cost Too
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 17:08:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>> Downing Street rejects Vista petition
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The petition called on the PM to "bring pressure on Microsoft to
>> | stop them overcharging the UK for its Vista Operating System".
>> | The petition noted that a fully-fledged version of Vista costs
>> | GBP350 in the UK, but an identical product costs only GBP195
>> | in the US.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/09/vista_epetition/
>>
>> Are they kidding? The PM is a pal of Bill Gates.
>
> http://media.slated.org/albums/userpics/Blairs_Pal_Gates.png
>
> What's the point of a government petition site, when that government is
> as bent as the companies we're petitioning about?

Does anyone know how we go about removing an honorary knighthood?  I
think the traditional way was to send some other knights to bring
the wonderer back to the tower, have, a trial, and then cut off his
head.  As we don't execute any more, then we perhaps need another
approach for Bill Gates.  It is quite certain he should never have
received such an honour.