[News] [Rival] Latest Windows Updates Screw Up Machines

Fix for Microsoft Automatic Updates not working

,----[ Quote ]
| "Of course, the computer is virtually unusable" when that happens,
| said a user identified as Foxy-Perth on the Windows Update
| support forum.
|
| Every month at patch time, Microsoft's support boards fill
| with complaints from users.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070511/tc_infoworld/88456

This is a pattern. It's not an exception.

Related:

Windows cursor patch causing trouble

,----[ Quote ]
| Installing Microsoft's Tuesday patch for a "critical" Windows
| vulnerability is causing trouble for some users.
`----

http://news.com.com/Windows+cursor+patch+causing+trouble/2100-1002_3-6173413.html

Thanks To Microsoft No Work Will Be Getting Done This Week

,----[ Quote ]
| Patch Tuesday is coming up and again work will grind to a halt as
| techs spend the next few days deploying what amounts to a huge
| payload of patches for the month of February 2007. This month
| we're looking at five critical updates related to Windows
| security, two relating to Office security and one relating to
| Windows OneCare Live, Microsoft Antigen, Windows Defender and Microsoft
| Forefront; plus a host of other lesser related patches, 21
| one in all.
`----

http://www.realitywired.com/2007/02/10/thanks-to-microsoft-no-work-will-be-getting-done-this-week/
http://tinyurl.com/2n8hz4

Microsoft customers melting down over Daylight Saving patches

,----[ Quote ]
| A number of users in the DST chat room are reporting problems
| getting their Blackberry servers and devices to sync up with
| their DST-patched Exchange servers. Others, in spite of Microsoft
| warnings to apply DST patches in a specific order, are running
| into problems because they are attempting to patch Exchange
| before Windows.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=307

Microsoft reissues Excel security update

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft on Thursday reissued its for Excel 2000 security update,
| which is designed to resolve a software bug that prevents users
| from opening files created in certain foreign languages.
`----

http://news.com.com/2110-1012_3-6151252.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

The secret update -- the patch for the patch is now patched

http://www.heise-security.co.uk/news/78112

outlook.exe faulting module outllib.dll

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/thread/cc30d422feb49536/38d04aa5c8ef73e0?lnk=st&q=outlook.exe+faulting+module+outllib.dll&rnum=1&hl=en#38d04aa5c8ef73e0
http://tinyurl.com/2pkf4e

Microsoft's Revolving Internet Door: The Talent Brain Drain Continues

,----[ Quote ]
| Robert Scoble, a very high profile blogger for Microsoft who left the
| firm a few months ago, reports that Microsoft's talent drain is
| continuing.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070430/33939_id.html?.v=1

Former Project Manager of Excel:

,----[ Quote ]
| The only way Microsoft has managed to hire so many people
| has been by lowering their hiring standards significantly...

MS Insider: The Office Crew Isn't Smart Enough to Supplant Real Windows
Developers

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.emailbattles.com/2006/09/11/ms-insider-the-office-crew-isnt-smart-enough-to-supplant-real-windows-developers/