[News] [Linux] Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1 Strides Further Ahead of Windows Server 2008

Virtualization, RHEL 5.1 preview top draws at Red Hat Summit

,----[ Quote ]
| Virtualization sessions drew standing-room-only audiences on the first
| day of Red Hat Summit 2007 in San Diego, and presenters gave attendees
| a glimpse of upcoming virtualization features in Red Hat Enterprise
| Linux 5.1 (RHEL 5.1).
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1254536,00.html

Also about Red Hat:

Laptop overheats, vapourises Brazil... almost

,----[ Quote ]
| A glitch in the Fedora Linux distro Rafael's attempting to run?
| Or a monumentally inaccurate heat sensor? We'll leave it for
| you to decide...
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/05/11/white_hot_compaq/

Red Hat can learn from Milkha Singh

,----[ Quote ]
| These fears are compounded by the fact that Microsoft stands behind
| Novell - and if there's one company which Microsoft wants to hurt,
| it's Red Hat. To a large extent, these fears are largely ill-founded.
`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12066&Itemid=1091

Meanwhile, Longhorn (just renamed) seems to be heading toward another
Vista-like disaster as it drops features, including virtualisation.

Related:

Microsoft cuts Windows virtualization features

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6182852.html