Re: [OSS] Microsoft Patent Deal Confirms Fear of OpenOffice, Wine

__/ [ peterwn ] on Wednesday 30 May 2007 22:16 \__

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070529-microsoftnovell-agreeme...http://tinyurl.com/25at6e

> So there is also a touch of fraud in Microsoft's protection
> racketeering.  In other words, those who bought in and thought they
> were covered on MS's representations still risk the legal equivalent
> of having their shop fronts smashed in for using Open Office.

Microsoft 'desperate,' says patent complaint target OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9019339

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I blame God for making me an atheist"