Re: [News] [Rival] Another Microsoft Attempt at 'Student Grab'?

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 30 May 2007 13:40 \__

>> U.S. Colleges Retool Programming Classes
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Georgia Tech, which has branded the robot the "new face of computing,"
>> | is hoping that the class can be a new national model to teach students
>> | computing. To Microsoft Corp., which is investing $1 million to
>> | jump-start the program at Georgia Tech and Bryn Mawr, it's investment in
>> | what could become its work force.
>> `----
>>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070528/reprogramming_programmers.html?.v=2
>
> Isn't that bribery?
>
> How can that be legal.
>
> Surely academic institutions should not be allowed to accept bribes,
> particularly when then come from convicted monopolists.

The closest we have come to this here are open presentations by companies and
posters (adverts) in some clusters. Yuck! But none matches some of the links
at the bottom of the OP. It's like selling your students out, just like
Novell did with Free software.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    (S)oftware (U)nd (S)ystem(E)ntwicklung
roy      pts/1                         Wed May 30 06:41   still logged in