Re: [Reviews] The Top 5 Things I Hate About Linux

  • Subject: Re: [Reviews] The Top 5 Things I Hate About Linux
  • From: "Dean G." <dguttadauro@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 29 May 2007 15:03:05 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On May 29, 11:28 am, The Ghost In The Machine
<e...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     The Top 5 Things I Hate About Windows Vista

     1. Lack of Driver Support for Select Hardware Products.

     2. Half-Done, Poorly Supported, Overpriced Proprietary Software.

     3. The Politics and Unreasonable Restrictions of the EULA.

     4. Hatred Towards OSS Applications and OSes.

     5. Animosity Towards the Inclusion of competing software,
bordering,
         frequently on the wrong side, of Sherman Act violations.

 None of these have to do with Vista per se.  The first is a
 research issue (in other words, buyer beware).  The second
 has to do with the third party software developers
 The author opines about the third that
 the GPL licenses would have been more liberating --
 an issue that is best taken up in other fora, and probably
 has been beaten to death therein. The fourth and fifth have
 to do with the company itself, not the actual OS.

Dean G.