[News] [SOT] First Steps Towards DRM-infected Radio; Silencing by Big Media

Sony joins HD radio push

,----[ Quote ]
| U.S. radio operators are working to promote HD radio at a timew
| hen consumers are already faced with many digital music options,s
| uch as Apple's iPod, other MP3 players and satellite radio.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6187066.html

Radio Daddy Tells Podcasters to F off

,----[ Quote ]
| I own the domain Podcastdaddy.com and now that will point to this
| post - to remind everyone of the arrogance and pompous nature of
| those from Traditional Radio - Which IMHO sucks.
`----

http://podcast411.com/blog/?p=31

Illegal P2P network raided

,----[ Quote ]
| In the course of a search that took in locations dotted throughout
| almost the whole of Germany authorities last week were able to
| obtain evidence relating to an illegal BitTorrent P2P network.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/90319/from/rss09

This one was probably a case piracy, but let's hope it doesn't provide an
excuse for haltinh exchange of data such as Linux distros. A colleague and
friend of mine decided to try a switch to Linux aviyr an hour ago. I
recommended PCLOS 2007. Everyone is moving. And he's a Microsoft fan!

Related:

Music industry offers deal to small Webcasters

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.com.com/Music+industry+offers+deal+to+small+Webcasters/2100-1027_3-6185836.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news
http://tinyurl.com/2y7m7r