[News] [Linux] Linux Users Can't Be Counted; Early Peek at Fedora 7

Ways to understand the Linux Users - Popcon and Smolt

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux user is mainly an unknown species: since you can download
| your distribution anonymously and everywhere the distributors know
| almost nothing about their userbase. Due to ktorrent and ftp mirrors
| even the user numbers are rough estimations at best.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/05/27/ways-to-understand-the-linux-users-popcon-and-smolt/

There's also this new one from the same guy:

Fedora 7 Moonshine - first impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 7 comes along with a pretty impressive set of changes - however,t
| he average user will not see most of them. Especially if he upgrades a
| highly personalized system like mine and additional runs KDE which
| traditionally does not get so many improvements in Fedora.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/05/27/fedora-7-moonshine-first-impressions/

Related:

CCID Consulting: China's Linux Market up by 30.9% in 2007Q1

,----[ Quote ]
| As for industry segments, Linux market growth was mainly concentrated
| in the government, financial services and telecom sectors, which accounted
| for a market share of 34%, 22.5% and 21.2% respectively.
`----

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/05-08-2007/0004583089&EDATE=
http://tinyurl.com/yooq7a

Fedora 7 around the corner [Update]

,----[ Quote ]
| The release schedule of Fedora 7 says there are only few days left
| till Fedora 7 hits the street. Time to recall the most important
| changes and features.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/05/22/fedora-7-around-the-corner/

Fedora: champions of community!

,----[ Quote ]
| Let's not forget, either, Fedora sticks to a fairly rigid policy
| regarding licenses: if it doesn't qualify as Free or Open Source
| then it doesn?t get included in the distribution.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/fedora_champions_of_community

Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93)

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora Project is pleased to announce the release of the fourth and
| final test release of Fedora 7!
`----

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2007-April/msg00006.html

Announcing Fedora 7 Test 3 (6.92)

,----[ Quote ]
| This test release includes significant new versions of many key
| components and echnologies. The following sections provide a brief
| overview of major changes from the last release of Fedora...
`----

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2007-March/msg00562.html

Review: Fedora 7 Test 2

,----[ Quote ]
| On March 1, Red Hat released Fedora 7 Test 2. Here's my quick
| look at the live CD version of this distro. I'll
| wait until the final release to do a full install.
`----

http://www.triedit.org/review/review-fedora-7-test-2/

Fedora 7 -- what, when, and why

,----[ Quote ]