Re: [News] [Roy Lying Again] Tux500 (Linux at the Indy 500) Hits C|Net

On 2007-05-26, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> I can't speak for him, but I know why *I* would doubt such a claim, and
> more importantly yours.  I don't think you're lying, per se, but I think
> you might have got something wrong.
>
> 230 Processes in 512MB would mean that each process was using, on average,
> just over 2MB per process.  That seems somewhat reasonable, unless we look
> at those processes.

If you really used linux, you'd understand what's wrong with your poor
assumptions. You you don't, so you can't.

I have 176 processes running at this moment. Only about 15 are using any
memory. Total is less than 40MB being used by them.

Why not install linux sometime and get an idea of how it works?

--
If you can't make it good, at least make it look good.
 -- Bill Gates