Re: [News] [Linux] Novell's Deal Goes Public (with Parts Redacted)

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Saturday 26 May 2007 10:34 \__

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/05/25/Novell-goes-public-with-terms-of-Microsoft-Linux-deal_1.html

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/05/novell_microsof_1.html

>> What fool in Novell agreed to that third paragraph?
>
> The guy on the left. He talks to Mr. Capone.
>
> http://www.linux-watch.com/files/misc/hovsepian-ballmer.jpg

Addendum (on a more serious note/tone):

Further analysis @

Some background and context here:

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/381097.htm

"Linux Open Source News: Novell to Disclose Edited Microsoft Agreement

Agreement is Basis of Microsoft?s Claim to Hundreds of Patent Claims"

I'll admit I haven't read it carefully, but Bruce Perens and others are
surely going to do so. Then, articles will show up with further analysis.
These transcripts are incomplete, mind you. Novell hides something.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Previously-unsurpassed exposure makes carnation-faced men
Mem:    514480k total,   494104k used,    20376k free,     4868k buffers