[News] [Linux] Ending the Disinformation: Dell Linux Cheaper Than Windows

I ordered my Dell with Ubuntu and saved $140.00 compared to Vista.

,----[ Quote ]
| I paid $409.00 plus tax and shipping for the E520N with pre-installed
| Ubuntu 7.04.
`----

http://technocrat.net/d/2007/5/24/20488

The Dell PC price challenge -- Windows Vista versus Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Now that Dell has released its Ubuntu-preloaded desktop and notebook
| PCs, there are two questions to answer -- firstly, how much cheaper
| are Ubuntu systems over their Windows Vista counterparts and secondly,
| just how much is Dell charging consumers for a Windows Vista license.
`----

http://techlogg.com/content/view/201/31/

Doubters use their own methods to show the opposite (the art of turning
lies/hypothesis into statistics, or vice versa), but the matter of fact is
that better deals are available with Linux, as promised.

Related:

A step up for Microsoft rival

,----[ Quote ]
`----