Re: Microsoft lambasted for 'iPod Amnesty Bin'

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft lambasted for 'iPod Amnesty Bin'
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 13:53:21 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Linonut ] on Friday 25 May 2007 12:49 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Mark Dodel belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/05/24/microsoft.ipod.amnesty.b
>> in/
>>
>> "Microsoft is receving some unusual attention for a decoration in its
>> corporate offices. A user of Flickr recently uploaded a photo of the
>> company's "iPod Amnesty Bin," found in the Zune headquarters,
>> apparently encouraging employees to abandon Apple's media player in
>> favor of Microsoft's competitor."
>>
>> Even their employees know the zune is a piece of crap.
>
> I did see one article that said some good things about the Zune, if not
> about MS's music service.  It was on this site, though:
>
>    http://www.anythingbutipod.com/
>
> This is the play I might be interested in, if I were interested in
> portable media players:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2006/07/meizu-m6-miniplayer-review.php

Have you seen how empty the bin is? Either Zune team has left the building or
nobody wants to let the iPod go. As someone had said in a comment I caught
earlier:

        A: Where is the 'Zune Amnesty Bin'?

        Q: The store shelves

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Rid your machine from malware. Install GNU/Linux.
roy      pts/7                         Fri May 25 12:31   still logged in