[News] [OSS] Game Developer Contest Won by Open Source Software

Jamtris wins MobileRated's Game Developer Contest

,----[ Quote ]
| While many professional game companies participated in the contest,
| the winning entry was an open-source game, proving yet again the power
| of the open source movement. Open source software enables developerst
| o share source code and ideas, and collaboration enables rapid
| development cycles.
`----

http://www.prlog.org/10018098-jamtris-wins-mobilerated-game-developer-contest.html

Rleated:

Mods of 2006 - Player's Choice

,----[ Quote ]
| 80,000 votes. 4,000 mods. Over the course of 2 months, gamers from
| across the globe came together to decide which mods rank as the
| epitome of what our hard working community can do.
|
| [...]
|
| 5th Place. CodeRED - Alien Arena
|
| 4th Place. Nexuiz
|
| 3rd Place. OpenArena
|
| 2nd Place. Warsow
|
| 1st Place. Tremulous
`----

http://features.moddb.com/287/mods-of-2006-players-choice/?fpage=3
http://tinyurl.com/2sqh34

Open Source cleans up!

Google Summer of Code supports open game developement

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of the supported projects are related to linux and gaming.
| These projects include:
|
| Thousand Parsec a framework for space strategy games, BZFlag, a 3D
| battle tank game, ScummVM, a software to run old adventure games
| and last but not least the two 3d Engines Crystalspace and OGRE
| offer a variaty of themes to work on for the three month period
| of the stipends.
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1984

Wikipedia Founder Launches "Open-Source Game Magazine"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/03/wikipedia_found.html