Re: [News] [Linux] Buying GNU/Linux PC DOES Save Money

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 25 May 2007 12:23 \__

>> Dell Prices - Ubuntu vs. Vista
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Inspiron E1505n vs. E1505
>> | Ubuntu 7.10 Price: $649 (After $50 upgrade to 1 gig RAM)
>> | Windows Vista Home Basic Price: $728 (With ATI Graphics)
>> |               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.cs.uml.edu/~ntuck/dellbuntu/
>
> Excellent. However, as I've said before, I'd happily pay *more* for a
> Linux system, if it kept my money out of Microsoft's pockets, and
> ensured I got a real OS.

Hopefully these systems will not be hidden (buried?) deep inside the Dell Web
site. Previously they advertised "Dell Linux" and brought clickthroughs to
pages with Windows-only PCs. Cheeky! There's so much BS in the press and in
blogs at the moment... mainly about the whole Dell thing. It's largely
positive.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "My signature is never intended to be offensive"
roy      pts/7                         Fri May 25 12:31   still logged in