[News] [Linux] PCLinuxOS 2007 Brought to State of Perfection, Claimed to Be Better Than Ubuntu

The Perfect Desktop - PCLinuxOS 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| This tutorial shows how you can set up a PCLinuxOS 2007 desktop that
| is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has
| all the software that people need to do the things they do on their
| Windows desktops. The advantages are clear: you get a secure system
| without DRM restrictions that works even on old hardware, and the
| best thing is: all software comes free of charge.
|
| I found that PCLinuxOS is really easy to install and use, and it's a
| real alternative. Up to now I was thinking that Ubuntu is the best
| Linux desktop distribution, but I'm not so sure anymore now that
| I've used PCLinuxOS. I'm really impressed.
`----

http://www.howtoforge.com/the_perfect_desktop_pclinuxos_2007

Related:

(OT) Alternative to Vista? Try the user friendly PCLINUXOS 2007!

,----[ Quote ]
| Hello... I am NOT a linux Geek, I am a windows user. But vista is
| horrible... and more and more people are looking for alternatives.
|
| Many of you are frustrated with vista, I know... but there are new
| alternatives coming out, and they are free too.
`----

http://www.tabletquestions.com/windows-vista/116931-ot-alternative-vista-try-user-friendly-pclinuxos-2007-a.html
http://tinyurl.com/27vc77

Review: PCLinuxOS 2007 Final release

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyway, with that aside PCLOS2007 is a cracking release that lives up
| to all the promise that the test releases offered. Everything worked
| and the entire experience was indeed "radically simple".
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/review_pclinuxos_2007_final_release

Review: PCLinuxOS (PCLOS) 2007 Final

,----[ Quote ]
| This is solid progress for PCLOS. There are things that can and need to
| be improved to make some aspects as easy as *ubuntu but for the mostp
| art, here is a distribution that most users should be happy with...
| Even you don't think the features are particularly amazing, the
| visuals make for a stunningly crisp distribution.
`----

http://www.thepcspy.com/articles/linux/review_pclinuxos_pclos_2007_final

PCLinuxOS passes Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Interesting tidbit of information...amidst all the hype about Ubuntu and
| Dell PC's...the little distro that could has marched up to the #1
| spot for the span of 7 days.
`----

http://linux-blog.org/index.php?url=archives/203-PCLinuxOS-passes-Ubuntu.html

Google hosts as Ira Hyman introduces PC LinuxOS

,----[ Quote ]
| I must confess, I had never used Linux before, and it never crossed
| my mind to use it in the near future. Like many people I was using
| Windows for years, brought up with the system. Using it at University,
| using it at the library, using it at home. It's right there everywhere
| you go. Ira Hyman, speaker of the night and Director of Product
| Development at The Linux Loft, a Manhattan based company, advocated
| for people to use PCLinuxOS, one of the many distros Linux has,
| tried to convince people to take a closer look at this piece of
| Linux-art.
`----

http://newsblaze.com/story/20070502150502jnyc.nb/newsblaze/TOPSTORY/Top-Stories.html

PCLinuxOS - "The Distro Hopper Stopper" & "Viable Windows Substitute"

,----[ Quote ]
| Okay...I have finally made the switch to PCLinuxOS (PCLOS) & have been
| VERY impressed so far.  I'm running the latest release, PCLinuxOS 2007
| TR4.  TR4 stands for Test Release 4 and is the fourth & final test release
| of PCLinuxOS 2007.
`----

http://www.ejabs.com/blog/2007/05/pclinuxos-the-distro-hopper-stopper-viable-windows-substitute/

New PCLinuxOS 2007 looks great, works well

,----[ Quote ]