Re: Munich's KDE Desktops Usability Certified

__/ [ Rafael ] on Wednesday 23 May 2007 16:25 \__

> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>> http://dot.kde.org/1179818755/
>>
>> /quote After an extensive two-year process of iterative
>> testing, TÜV IT confirms that "Open Source has reached a very
>>  high level of professionalism" and concludes that KDE's Open
>>  Source nature made it very easy for Munich to ensure that the
>>  software is especially efficient and user friendly for their
>>  office workers. /unquote
>>
>> This is in a stark contrast to the assertions of wintendo
>> lusers like DFS, OK or Hadron Quark that OSS software is
>> "half-assed crapware"
>
> KDE 1.0 as far back as 10 years ago was very usable.  When
> coupled with WordPerfect for Linux suite, it was a threatening
> product.  This is why WP needed to be killed.

Yeah... Corel was invited for a little death knell. The press shows the story
very clearly. Embrace and Destory is still the tactic they use at present.

--
                ~~ Best regards

An aristocrat's sexual escapades equate to Technocrat's hot RSS feed
Tasks: 126 total,   1 running, 122 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie