[News] [Linux] Dell Ubuntu Linux is Now Official, Prices Revealed, Gets Wired Coverage

Dell Offers Three Consumer Systems With Ubuntu 7.04

,----[ Quote ]
| These systems will be available at www.dell.com/open by 4pm CST
| today. Starting price for the E520n desktop and the E1505n notebook
| is $599; the XPS 410n starts at $899.
`----

http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/05/24/15994.aspx

Is Ubuntu Linux for You, Too?

,----[ Quote ]
| The Dell computers themselves have yet to arrive, but when they do
| (the rumor mill says they'll ship this week) other banner PC
| manufacturers like Toshiba are expected to follow suit. You should
| take this time to familiarize yourself with exactly what's in store
| if and when you pick up one of these machines.
`----

http://www.wired.com/software/coolapps/news/2007/05/ubuntu_faq

They should have sold gNewSense instead. The holistic way. ;-)

The Free Software Movement and GNULinux Operating System, a talk by Richard
Stallman at UCSD

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/media/The%20Free%20Software%20Movement%20and%20GNULinux%20Operating%20System,%20a%20talk%20by%20Richard%20Stallman%20at%20UCSD.html