Re: Vista boosting PC sales? No sir

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 24 May 2007 08:00 \__

> http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/12388/1023/
>

>> Therefore, it comes as no surprise to read the recent report from research
> firm In-Stat that Vista is not expected to boost PC sales significantly. As
> a matter of fact, I would go so far as to say it won't boost PC sales at
> all. People will continue to buy PCs with or without Vista on them.
>>
>>  As for Vista sales, anecdotal evidence gleaned from discussions with PC
> retailers and small business systems integrators suggests that had Vista
> not been released and pre-installed on PCs, Microsoft would probably have
> sold just as many copies of XP.

The press has been saying this for months. Hardware makers said this too.
Nice to see a(nother) personal observation .

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Reversi for free: http://othellomaster.com
Mem:    514480k total,   481160k used,    33320k free,     3184k buffers